Business school introduces minor in professional selling
Beginning in fall 2022, KU School of Business students can earn a minor in professional selling. Courses in the program are designed to help students develop their sales skills and prepare for careers in the rapidly evolving sales industry.
The minor builds on the success of the business school’s certificate in professional selling, which has been offered to all KU students since spring 2017.
“The minor in professional selling will offer students the opportunity to further develop as consultative sales professionals,” said Professional Selling Program Director Kristen Helling. “New courses will be offered in advanced selling skills and sales analytics that speak to industry trends and will allow students to be more prepared to secure employment in this field.”
The minor requires 18 credit hours:
- MKTG 310: Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG 425: Sales Force Management
- MKTG 426: Professional Selling Skills
- MKTG 427: Advanced Selling Skills (offered during the fall semester)
- MKTG 428: Sales Analytics (offered during the spring semester)
- 1 elective (MKTG 411, 453 or 465; ENTR 410; or BLAW 525)
The School of Business also offers minors in business analytics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, information systems, international business, management and leadership, marketing, and supply chain management.